Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Default 1-99 Thieving Guide

1-99 Thieving Guide
    By: Four

And that's 50 million experience

Starting off, I have not included any Blackjacking/Cellars/Monkey Knife Fighters in this guide. Not interested in it, so I have not included them.

Items reccomended

Gloves of Silence (helps with pickpocketing)
    Ardougne Cloak (less chance of getting caught)
    A lot of Food OR Healing Familiar (Bunyip, Unicorn)

Levels 1-5

Pickpocket Men/Women around Lumbridge

You have to PP 49 men/women to get to level 5.

No armor is needed, just food such as Lobsters, Sharks, or better is recommended for lower level players.

The GP will be stored in your money pouch.
    (You have to right click the NPC to pickpocket)

Levels 5-15

Steal from the Tea Stall near Varrock East Bank

You have to steal 127 Cup of teas from this location.
    No armor is needed, food is not needed either.
    Simply drop all the teas
    (You have to one click to steal the cup of tea)

Levels 15-20, 20-31

(15-20)Pickpocket the female HAM Members in the HAM hideout (lumbridge)
    You have to pickpocket 112 Female HAM members in the hideout.

(20-31)Pickpocket the Male HAM Members in the HAM hideout (lumbridge)
    You have to pickpocket 467 Female HAM members in the hideout.

No food is necessary.
    If you get stunned too many times/get caught, you will either be knocked out and spawned outside of the hideout onto the RS Surface or end up in one of the HAM jails. Getting out is simple, just unlock the door.
    If you spawn on the RS Surface, simply re enter the hideout and go back to pickpocketing.
    You will end up looting Random junk items, just drop all of them, unless you want to keep the Clue Scroll (LEVEL 1) and Slayer Staffs.

Levels 31-38
    Complete The Feud Quest (15k xp to level you to 38

Levels 38-55

Pickpocket the Master Farmer in Draynor Village/Ardougne
    You will have to pickpocket the Master Farmer 3,169 times.
    Food is not necessary, because you will heal when you bank/already have a familiar healing for you.
    Should you want to keep the seeds, keep the most expensive ones that I’ve listed below.
    Watermelon, Ranarr, Toadflax, Avantoe, Snapdragon, Lantadyme, Dwarf Weed & Torstol

Levels 55-71
    Pickpocket Knights of Ardougne

Pickpocket 7,685 knights
    Food is required here, unless you have a healing familiar.
    The loot here is GP, which will be added to your money pouch.
    A good way to pickpocket them is by luring them into a nearby house and trapping them inside so you can pickpocket them without having to move that often.

Levels 71-99
    Pyramid Plunder

This will take some time, such as a week or more depending on how long you plunder.
    At level 71+, you will gain around 110k xp/hour
    At level 81+, you will gain around 160k xp/hour
    At level 91+, you will gain around or over 200k xp/hour

The higher rooms of the pyramid will be accessed as you level higher.
    Room 7 requires 71 or higher
    Room 8 requires 81 or higher
    Room 9 requires 91 or higher

In order to get the most XP from this minigame, you have to rush through the lower rooms, and loot everything in the highest room you can access.

This minigame is a 1 click to loot the Urns, Chests, and Sarcophagus. NOTE: This is a TIMED minigame, there is a timer to show how much time is remaining for the round to be over. Being fast is reccomended.
    You will good loot such as Statuettes and scarabs. Drop them all, BUT KEEP THE GOLD ITEMS + JEWELLED
    These will help you make some profit if you need to bank and to recharge the Sceptre of the Gods (1 in 30 million experience chance to receive), if you happen to receive one.

Bring your ardougne Cloak if you have one. And some food along with your healing familiars.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Very nice guide, thats how i did theiving I would add dwarf traders tho, With ardy cape/Master theiving aura you can get 250-300k xp/hr at 95+ theif, Great for last couple levels

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)

Think on my old account all I did for 99 thieve was master farmers haha. Guess there's quite a bit more choice now :]

Nice guide, informative!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    249 Post(s)

Never really considered this I am at 80 and have done master farmers

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Nice guide, I did BlackJacking all the way to 99 since I found it fast..

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silentcore View Post
    Nice guide, I did BlackJacking all the way to 99 since I found it fast..
    I never really liked black jacking, clicking that quick to knock and cosh just seemed complicated, whether it was with a bot or not, and usually lag came in the way between getting more xp/hour
    Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    Very nice guide, thats how i did theiving I would add dwarf traders tho, With ardy cape/Master theiving aura you can get 250-300k xp/hr at 95+ theif, Great for last couple levels
    I was going to add that! But didn't know where to, I spent a few hours there before, made around.. 1m? In 3 hours from the noted loot. But it was all luck lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Jingle View Post
    Think on my old account all I did for 99 thieve was master farmers haha. Guess there's quite a bit more choice now :]

Nice guide, informative!
    Yeah, seems like everyone has botted master farmer for their thieve levels! :P Just wanted to make this to show some other methods to bot for xp

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    I never really liked black jacking, clicking that quick to knock and cosh just seemed complicated, whether it was with a bot or not, and usually lag came in the way between getting more xp/hour

I was going to add that! But didn't know where to, I spent a few hours there before, made around.. 1m? In 3 hours from the noted loot. But it was all luck lol

Yeah, seems like everyone has botted master farmer for their thieve levels! :P Just wanted to make this to show some other methods to bot for xp
    haha Yeah, i did my Main 100% legit, But I honestly don't remember what i did before 70, but after 70-80 i did a mixture of Blackjacking and PP, then 80-95 i did PP. 95-99 I did dwarf traders ever ~4hrs when aura cooled down.

And i would maybe add it as 99+? Before 95 its not worth it, you fail to much, and considering at 99 with aura its fastest theif xp in game, and i do it sometimes just for the epic xp and semi afk-ableness if you have dual screens like me :P

and yeah you do get some nice noted ores and bars too, nothing amazing but its usually like 250k gp/hr or something, covers all the abysasal stealth scrolls and gloves of silence i use haha

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    haha Yeah, i did my Main 100% legit, But I honestly don't remember what i did before 70, but after 70-80 i did a mixture of Blackjacking and PP, then 80-95 i did PP. 95-99 I did dwarf traders ever ~4hrs when aura cooled down.

And i would maybe add it as 99+? Before 95 its not worth it, you fail to much, and considering at 99 with aura its fastest theif xp in game, and i do it sometimes just for the epic xp and semi afk-ableness if you have dual screens like me :P

and yeah you do get some nice noted ores and bars too, nothing amazing but its usually like 250k gp/hr or something, covers all the abysasal stealth scrolls and gloves of silence i use haha
    I'll add it sometime this week when I get the chance to look it up and go in a bit more depth

The abyssal stealth scrolls, did they help at all? and what exactly did they do?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    I'll add it sometime this week when I get the chance to look it up and go in a bit more depth

The abyssal stealth scrolls, did they help at all? and what exactly did they do?
    They Temp Boost Agility and thieving by 4 lvls, i find them fairly helpfull

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

is this best for 07 too?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned